All our lives have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Although this is not how we want to take care of your pets we feel obligated to keep you and our staff safe during the “Safer at Home Order”. We are still OPEN although our grooming is not considered an essential business. If your pet medically needs to be groomed please call us and we will see what we can arrange.
Thank you for your help while we have transitioned to curbside check ins and phone communication during your visit.
We are doing our best to stay on schedule, however we request your patience as we adjust to this new process.
Your pet will still be treated with the best care and compassion while practicing fear free techniques during the exam.
If you can tell the staff on the phone your credit card information it would be appreciated. We are trying to limit trips to the car to stay on time. We will charge your card, print your take home information and return your pet with this information. We also can email you your invoice to you for less paperwork, let us know.
If you have a NON-URGENT question email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, pictures, and/or videos . We can do a telemedicine appointment if you wish.
Our online pharmacy is always open if you wish to check that out at https://dodgevillevet.vetsfirstchoice.com/
Our Current Requests:
- If you have traveled to a high risk area or had any exposure to symptomatic or confirmed positive people, or are symptomatic or positive yourself please stay home and call to see if a telemedicine visit might work.
- As our other communications have stated we are doing curbside check in appointments to reduce waiting in the lobby and when we come to your car we are abiding with the social distancing.
- We are open to regular hours and making appointments for: sick patients, nail trims, vaccines that are overdue or will be by the end of April, call if unsure.
- We are still performing dental procedures (that are medically necessary), spay and neuter surgeries (may be rescheduled if more urgent cases need to get in), orthopedic and others. We are sending a link to sign the surgical release and estimate. Please fill this out and submit, this will speed up the process.
- Prescriptions, food, other products are handled the same. Call when you arrive here and someone will bring it out to you.
Medications: We can mail medications directly to you, or curbside pickup is available for medications, flea and tick preventives, heartworm preventives, shampoos, or other products.
Food:You can order from Hills to Home (we need to send you an email link, just let us know) for Science Diet or Hills Prescription food, VetDirect is Purina’s site for all of their foods, and Covetrus has Royal Canin foods (our online pharmacy partner).
- Idexx Laboratories, Inc. has seen no positive results in pets to date of SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus strain responsible for the corona disease 2019 (COVID-19) respiratory outbreak in humans. Idexx evaluates thousands of canine and feline specimens during validation of a new veterinary test system for the COVID-19 virus.
- For more information and health guidance with COVID-19 please visit the CDC or WHO websites. For information about animal health go to the AVMA Website
We will call and discuss everything just like you were in the exam room with your pet. Please call if you have any questions with this process.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during the “Safer at Home Orders” from our governor.