We have had some concerns around COVID-19, commonly known as corona virus. We want to share our current plans and actions, so you feel safe and comfortable.
At this time, we are open and have no plans of closing.
We have taken the following actions to safeguard you, your pets, and our team:
- We are continuously disinfecting commonly touched surfaces such as doors, seats, and handles.
- Antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers have been distributed throughout the clinic
- We have implemented a car check-in if you do not want to come into the clinic
- You would let us know prior to your appointment that you wish to do a car check in
- You would call us when you arrive at Dodgeville Veterinary Service
- A staff member will come out and bring your pet into the clinic. They will get a phone number to call you and your payment information.
- We will call you and talk to you while examining your pet, you would make the same decisions as if you were in the room.
- We will fill prescriptions and get anything ready you might need.
- We will check you out like you were in the clinic, charge your credit card or care credit. If paying by cash or check we can pick it up when we return your pet to your car..
- The staff will bring your pet, medications, supplies, take home directions and invoice to your car.
- We will mail anything that you might normally pick up at the clinic, just let us know when you call.
- We are requiring staff that are ill to stay home.
- We would also ask that if you are ill to stay home.
- You can email pictures and/or videos to DVS@dodgevillevet.net and we will have a veterinarian review the case and help the best we can.
- We are currently not doing any house calls to protect our staff members.
We encourage you to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
Steps to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol when water and soap are unavailable
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and put more space between people, especially those who are at higher risk.
Steps to protect others:
- Stay home if you are sick, except for medical care if needed
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Do not reuse tissues, throw them away.
- Immediately wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
The Dodgeville Veterinary Service will continue to be responsible in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and will keep you informed of any changes that might be made going forward.